2019 GASL Rule Reorganization
The GASL Rules Committee, with input from the GASL Board and League Reps, has reorganized the GASL rules. Please direct questions or comments to the GASL Rules Committee Chair, Kevin Avery, at firstname.lastname@example.org
GASL President Jen Busse recommends each team print a copy of the rules, laminate them and have them handy at meets. Coaches. League Reps, and Meet Entry volunteers must be familiar with the rules.
GASL Rules Discussions
The GASL Rules Committee encourages input to continue to clarify or improve the GASL Standing Rules and procedures. Please direct questions or comments to the GASL Rules Committee
Intra-Squad and Inter-Squad Meets
In accord with the now-in-force 2019 rules, the Board has decided to create one standard for inter/intra-squad meets, aka time trials.
- Q. Can teams hold intra-squad or inter-squad meets?
- A. YES
- Q. Can times recorded be used as a seed time for dual meets?
- A. YES. Coaches may also use a best-guess time to seed dual meets. Only championship meets require verified times - times actually performed legally in a current-season dual meet.
- Q. Can participating in an intra-squad or inter-squad meet count for one of the two required meets for Championship eligibility?
- A. NO. By rule, a swimmer must swim at least one individual event in at least two of the five regular season dual meets
- Q. Can times recorded count for Championships?
- A. NO - not without an exception from the GASL Board for extraordinary circumstances. By rule, GASL uses the top time swum in one of five regular-season dual meets for eligibility and for championship seeding. The only exception has been made for Evergreen because of their no-diving restriction at its home meets.